Aransas County Texas
Peggy L. Friebele
Aransas County Courthouse
301 N. Live Oak St., Rm 101
Rockport, TX 78382
Phone: (361) 790-0122
Fax: (361) 790-0119
Email: Click Here
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
We do not make copies after 4:15 p.m.
We do not conduct telephone searches.
We do not ACCEPT any Out of State Personal Checks.
ATTENTION - INCREASE IN FILING FEES
VOTING AND ELECTION INFORMATION
Welcome to the web page for the Aransas County Clerk. We hope this site will be of assistance to you while giving new insight into the work we do.
This office of County Clerk has been in existence in Texas since 1836, superseding the "escribano" (secretary) of Spanish-Mexican rule. Article 5, Section 20 of the Texas Constitution, provides:
"There shall be elected for each county, by qualified voters, a County Clerk, who shall hold his office for four years, and shall be clerk of the County and Commissioners Courts and recorder of the county, whose duties, prerequisites and fees of office shall be prescribed by the Legislature, and a vacancy in whose office shall be filled by the Commissioners Court, until the next general election; provided, that in counties having a population of less than 8,000 persons there may be an election of a single Clerk, who shall perform the duties of the District and County Clerks."
The County Clerk is elected in the same year that voters select the Governor of the State and the County Judge and in Aransas County, the County Court at Law Judge.
Qualification Requirements for Public Office:
Must be a citizen of the United States, have lived in the State of Texas for a period of 12 months before the date of any primary, general, or special election, have not been determined mentally incompetent by a final judgment of court, have not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities, and have lived for six months before such election in Aransas County.
Within one year of the day on which a person first takes office as County Clerk and each year thereafter, he or she must successfully complete 20 hours of instruction in the performance of the duties of the office including 1 hour in the Registry of the Court and 1 hour in fraudulent filings.
County Clerk's Profile:
The County Clerk's office is staffed by 8 persons and is responsible for the following:
- Recording and Filing Instruments
- - Instruments that prove ownership or interest in real or personal property such as deeds, deeds of trust, heirship affidavits, financing statements, assumed names, brands, etc.
- - Notices of Meetings, foreclosures, and beer and wine licenses are filed by the County Clerk's Office and posted on Courthouse bulletin board.
- - Instruments concerning the identity of persons, such as birth and death certificates, marriage licenses, military discharge papers.
- - All official map and plat records are maintained in the Clerk's Office, along with county precinct and city ward boundary maps. As a courtesy to the public, an index to restrictions is also maintained.
County Clerk - Jury Duty Information
No jury duty information is available.
Please call 361-790-0122 - 24 hours prior to your summons date to see if it has been cancelled.
Click Here For The Jury Duty Information Page