Tom Callan, Director at Large and Chairman|
Tom earned a Bachelor of Science Degree, Economics from Auburn University in 1965 and a Master of Business Administration from the University of Alabama in 1975. He began his career with an assignment to Europe with the US Army as a Logistics Officer in 1966 and retired from the US Army Reserve in 1992 with rank of Lieutenant Colonel.
Tom retired from KBR, Houston, TX after 26 years as Principal Procurement Manager, responsible for worldwide, acquisition, materials management, quality control and transportation for equipment and materials required by mega projects in oil and gas for companies including Chevron Nigeria, Exxon, Chevron USA, S.A. Meneven, Pemex, National Gas Company of Trinidad and Tobago and British Petroleum. Prior to beginning work for KBR, Tom worked in manufacturing and materials management for Pullman, Inc., Square D, and the National Standard Company.
Tom moved to Rockport as a permanent resident in 2007 having owned a vacation home since 1993. Tom has served as a Director and President of the Key Allegro Property and Canal Owners Association, Chairman of the City of Rockport Water Quality Committee, a Director of the Rockport-Fulton Chamber of Commerce, Co-Chairman of the Aransas Pathways Project and a committee member, Rockport Fulton Chapter, Ducks Unlimited. Tom also served more than 20 years as a Director and President of the Terranova West Municipal Utility District, Spring, Texas.
Robert Walls, Director Precinct 1
Rockport resident – 5 years
Robert has earned a B.A.S degree from Texas A&M University - CC, Corpus Christi, Texas, Fall 2016 and an A.A.S degree in A. .S. Instrumentation Technology/Computerized Controls, Texas State Technical College, Waco, Texas, 1992.
He has been employed by Sherwin Alumina since 1992 and has 24 years industrial operations and maintenance management experience with mechanical, electrical and instrumentation equipment ranging in size and complexity, e.g. 5 hp to 2700 hp motors, distributive control systems (DCS), gas suspension calciners, equilibrium cranes, mobile equipment, air compressors, pumps, steam turbine generators, rod mills. 19 years leadership and management experience including union and non-union employees, operators, skilled crafts, management staff and contractors. He is currently assigned as Technical Support/Unit Manager/Maintenance. Superintendent – Services.
- 2014 to present – Labor relations negotiating team for Sherwin Alumina Company.
- Instructor – (20 years) Process Technology (Instrumentation) , Del Mar Junior College
- NICET level 2 certified industrial controls technician
- Advisory committee member Texas State Technical College –Computerized control systems (Curriculum advisor –19 years )
- Advisory committee member Del Mar Junior College –Process Technology (Curriculum/Equipment advisor 19 years)
- Radiation Safety Officer
- MSHA certified trainer
WORKSHOPS & CONFERENCES
Ed Hegen, Director Precinct 2
- Management and Leadership including team building sessions, conflict management and working with Unions.
- Reliability Excellence (LCE) for Managers.
- ISO 14001, Environmental Management System.
Ed Hegen recently retired from the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department after a 43-year career as a marine fisheries biologist. He obtained a degree in natural resource conservation with marine biology concentration from the University of South Florida with extended marine course work at CCSU (TAMUCC). A full time resident of Aransas County since 1973 and property owner since 1978, Hegen served 9 years as a trustee on the ACISD School Board, and has over 35 years membership and service in the First United Methodist Church and the Rockport Lions Club. He was part of the small team that established the Aquarium at Rockport Harbor Inc. in 2007.
John Alexander - Director and Vice President, Precinct 4/4A
Lynn Wildman - Director and Secretary, Precinct 3
- Rockport resident – 14 years
- John Alexander Has a Master Degree in Environmental Science, Bachelors of Applied Arts and
- Currently Employed as Capitol Projects Manager Corpus Christi Regional Transportation Authority.
- Retired from City of Corpus Christi: Positions held were Compressed Natural Gas Manager, Oso Wastewater treatment Supervisor.
- Retired from Texas Army National Guard, First Multiple Launch Battery commander and served on Division level staff as plans officer.
- Over twenty years’ experience in water and wastewater industry, Held the following licenses: A wastewater , B surface water, C groundwater
Lynn earned his B.B.A degree at Texas A&I University in 1962. He began his career as a sales representative with L.G. Balfour Company and Taylor Publishing in 1962 until his retirement in 1996. During that time he became owner and manager of the largest sales territory for both Balfour and Taylor Publishing, winning numerous National Sales Championships. He retired and began living in Rockport, TX full time in 1996.
Since moving to Rockport Lynn has been a Board member of the Texas Maritime Museum (Chairman of the Board in 1998), member of the Rockport Country Club and served one year on the greens committee. He was elected to the Aransas County Navigation District for two terms and was Chairman of the Board. He is a member of St. Peters Episcopal Church.