319 N. Church St.
Rockport, Tx 78382
8:30 am - 4:30 pm M-F
It is the duty of the Tax Assessor-Collector to assess and collect
for the County all taxes imposed on property within the county. The
Commissioner's Court of Aransas County has contracted with all other
taxing entities in the County for the Tax Assessor-Collector to collect
their taxes as well. The County Tax Assessor-Collector is designated by
statute as the agent for the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles for
of motor vehicle registration and titling fees. The County Tax Assessor-Collector is also the designated agent for the Texas State Comptroller and the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission for the collection of motor vehicle sales and use tax and issuing temporary beer and wine retailer permits.
We consider all citizens of Aransas County and representatives of state and local government agencies as our valued customers. We take an oath of office to uphold the laws of the State of Texas. We strive for excellence in the collection and disbursement of revenue in a timely manner; we are dedicated to serve all citizens in a prompt, professional and courteous manner.
- To create an environment conducive for employee growth and well being.
- To be a forerunner in citizen based services.
- To be fiscally responsible to the taxpayers of Aransas County.
- To provide quality service to all taxing jurisdictions and their constituents.
- To continuously evaluate and improve the ways we conduct business.