OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Drives a truck to transport solid waste to landfill; performs routine and preventive maintenance on department equipment; and assists in screening and directing the unloading of solid waste materials.
1. Reports to: Transfer Station Supervisor.
2. Directs: This is a non-supervisory position.
3. Other: Has contact with other county employees, land fill employees, and the general public.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: EXAMPLES OF WORK
1. Drive a semi-tractor truck transporting solid waste from transfer station (and local areas) to area landfill or other locations.
2. Perform routine and preventive maintenance on department vehicles, including repairing and replacing flat tires, tarps, and repairing containers.
3. Maintain equipment, including ensuring that trucks and containers function properly.
4. Assist in screening incoming solid waste to prevent the deposit or collection of prohibited materials from entering the waste stream.
5. Assist in directing the unloading of solid waste from the generator to the transfer
6. Assist the Transfer Station Attendant, Supervisor, and the Director in coordinating the transportation requirements for the transfer of solid waste.
7. Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of: Local, state, and federal regulations relating to the operation of solid waste transfer stations and the use of safe operations.
Provisions of state and federal codes relating to the operation of heavy motorized equipment , including trucks, mechanical and welding repair techniques, and area geography.Transfer Station Truck Driver rev 9/22/14 pvr
Skill/Ability to: Operate, service, and maintain trucks, containers and equipment applying safety standards to prevent hazards,
Understand and follow instructions;
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other county employees and the general public;
Operate various hand and power tools in the repair of trucks, containers and equipment;
Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
Tolerate outside working conditions, including exposure to adverse weather conditions;
Maintain appropriate required and necessary licenses;
Maintain a driving record acceptable for county insurance coverage;
Ability to lift or move 40 pounds and to be present for work including flexible hours — other than Monday-Friday, 8-5.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
1. High school graduation or its equivalent.
2. Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED
1. Current Texas driver’s license (Class A CDL).
2. Current DOT Physical stating qualified for position.